CORONA SCHOOL GBAGADA HISTORY
In 1956, the Masonic Order loaned its lodge at Ebute-Metta, Lagos, to the Corona Women’s Society and the second Corona school was opened with twenty-eight children. By the end of that academic year, the population had increased to forty. The Corona Women Society later took over the Children’s Military School in the Military Hospital compound in Yaba. The compound occupied by the school at Yaba was eventually taken over by the Nigerian military in 1968 and the school moved again to a temporary location known as ‘White House’ at 386 Herbert Macaulay Street, Yaba. The school finally relocated to its permanent site in Gbagada popularly referred to as the “The Valley of Joy and Peace” in October 1974. Hence this Corona School, once described as a school in transit, has been known as Corona School Ebute-Metta, Corona School Yaba (in two locations) and finally known as Corona School Gbagada. It is strategically located at the edge of Obanikoro, Anthony Village and Gbagada Phase One areas of Lagos.
The school has both nursery and primary sections and is currently run by Mrs. Henrietta Eguagie as the 9th Head of School, Mrs. Nnenna Nwagboso as the Deputy Head and Mrs. Oluseyi Oguntoye as the Sectional Head.
Heads of School To Date
|Mrs. L. George||1967 -1977|
|Miss. J. Wilton||1977 -1978|
|Mrs. M. P. Thomas||1979 -1991|
|Mrs. C. A. Adigwe||1992 -1998|
|Mrs. W. A. Willie – Harry||1998 -2000|
|Mrs. M. O. Segun||2000 -2002|
|Mrs. M. O. Ihonor||2003 -2010|
|Mrs. Olanike R. Ogunleye||2010 – 2014|
|Mrs. Henrietta Eguagie||2014 – Date|