Post Graduate Certificate in Education (International)
The University of Nottingham Postgraduate Certificate in Education (International) [PGCE (I)] awarded by the University of Nottingham is a part-time, distance learning programme for the professional enrichment of teachers. The course is suitable for any established teacher with access to a classroom, computer and the internet.
It is a 60 credit masters level programme of professional enrichment, suitable for teachers outside the UK.
The 12 – 18 month course, mostly mediated through distance learning, with a face-to-face introductory event, is only offered as a cohort model and students will have their own tutor based at the University of Nottingham, and will be entitled to tutorial support through email and Skype .
The tuition fee is £3000:00 you are expected to pay the fee before the start of the programme and before the introductory week in November 2017. You would also be expected to pay a total £1500 before accepting your offer of admission from the University, this is part of the £3000:00 stated above.
The registration form is 10,000 naira. Forms can be purchased at No 2, Ero Close Idado, off Igbo Efon roundabout, Lekki, or at Corona School Gbagada, by Anthony Bustop.
The requirements for successful completion of the forms are:
- Original copy of your first degree certificate as well as other relevant certificates
- Original copy of your GCE/SSCE with at least a Credit in English Language .
- Transcript from your university to be sent to the Corona Teachers’ College.
- Marriage Certificate or change of name (for married female applicants only)
- Two references, one must be from a lecturer from the last institution you attended. second one from your present employer or preferably a colleague that works in a school. Both references should be stamped and signed by the referees.
For HND or third class certificate, CTC advise you purchase your form early. Fill the ‘Personal Statement’ column writing about yourself and your professional development as a teacher or an educationist (your interest in education, years of experience and why your HND/third class will not hinder your completing the programme with high grades).
Please note that, the University of Nottingham will not be accepting applications after September 15th 2017, application for next academic year is presently on.
Do not hesitate to contact the Corona Teachers’ College for further inquiries.
Kindly indicate that ‘payment is for a PGCEi form’ on the teller.
Account Name: Corona Teachers’ College
Account No: 0003415088
Bank Name: Stanbic IBTC Bank.