I touch the FUTURE, I TEACH !!!
Our professional development (PD) training programmes are aimed at teachers and administrators interested in adding professional touch to their teaching and administrative methods.
Use the link below to download application form for the programme above.
Our area of core competence is in designing and implementing training programmes for teaching and non-teaching staff of schools, as well as school administrators. Participants who have attended our training programmes have confirmed that the training experience has exposed them to new strategies that have led to the improvement of their teaching skills. They also acknowledged that the training received has helped to bolster their self-esteem and motivated them to improve their instructional methodologies to help their students understand and learn better. In our short history, we have trained about 5,000 teachers and school administrators.
Alongside the system wide training programmes, our services include bespoke programmes to meet identified training needs. Some of the programmes implemented by the College of Education include:
- Training of the teaching and non-teaching staff of a frontline private school in Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- Training Needs Analysis of teachers in public schools in Lagos State
- Collaboration with Lagos State Teachers Establishment and Pension Office (TEPO) to train 1,290 senior secondary school teachers in the Lagos State public school system in subject competency for Biology, English and Mathematics.
- Collaboration with Lagos State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) to train 60 junior secondary school teachers on “Students’ Motivation: Stimulating Students’ Learning Capabilities”.
- Training of 45 Mathematics teachers for Command Secondary Schools, Lagos
- Training of 50 teachers in a group of missionary schools in Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- Collaboration with the University of Nottingham to run the Post Graduate Certificate in Education (International) for the past 10 years
- Collaboration with the Pan African University Lagos (formerly Lagos Business School) to run a programme titled ‘Establishing and Managing a Successful School’